The next study tour will be held in Scandinavia in August 2018. This tour will begin in Stockholm before heading to Helsinki and finish with Copenhagen. Scandinavia offers a unique destination full of some of the world’s most amazing architecture. It is also home to famous architects such as Alvar Aalto and Jørn Utzon, whose work will be a key focus of the tour.
• Four nights in Stockholm with private walking and coach tours along with visits to some of Stockholm’s unique architectural attractions
• Visit Drottningholm Palace which is on UNESCO’s World Heritage list and it is the most well-preserved royal castle built in the 1600s in Sweden
• Welcome dinner in Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s picturesque “Old Town”
• A group dinner included at a luxury restaurant in Helsinki designed by Alvar Aalto
• Two nights in Helsinki including a guided tour of Alvar Aalto House and Aalto Studio
• Two nights in Alvar Aalto’s home town of Jyvaskyla where there are over 30 buildings designed by Alvar Aalto
• Four nights in Copenhagen discovering some of the city’s significant architecture, attractions and museums
• A visit to the Architecture district of Copenhagen known as Copenhagen S.
• A farewell group dinner in the picturesque canal area of Nyhavn
For more information click here